Monday, January 11, 2010

Long Time, No Post

Okay, my friend Candace (yes, I am naming names) commented that she was disappointed that I have not blogged in a long time. I have been debating about keeping up with this blog or just letting it go. I can't seem to find much time and feel that I am doing too much with FB and a blog. But since Candace shamed me, I decided I would go ahead and post anyway.

On the adoption issue. We received an e-mail in December saying that the wording had changed on the Order we got back in May. So we have to get an amended Order with the new wording before we go to our Immigration Interview (no date has been set for that yet). This means we had to go back to our TN lawyer and get him to file the paper work which is now going to cost us more money. He filed the paperwork and the court date is set for this Wednesday. Jeff is going to court and I am going to Ft. Worth for work. The lawyer says it shouldn't be a big deal since we laid out everything in our original order. But you know how things go with us, so please pray.

I have one more week to wear this stupid boot on my foot. For those of you who don't know, I broke my foot three days before Christmas. Yesterday I didn't wear it around the house and I was severely chastised by my oldest child. She asked me why I was not wearing my boot. When I said, "I didn't want to.," she replied, "Mom, we all have to do things we don't want to do sometimes." I guess she's heard that before : )

Said daughter has started competition season. She is now a level 8 and doing fantastic. I had to miss her first meet, but will be there for the rest.

Youngest son starts basketball tomorrow. He was all gung ho until I reminded him last night. Then said, "I am not sure I am really into basketball anymore." I told him he had to try since I have already paid. His response, "Do I have to do the whole season?" Uggh what am I going to do with him?

Dearest hubby is still trying to adjust to life at Riverdale. He misses Oakland and the friendships he formed there. I keep praying that he will feel better about the situation.

So that's the updates. I'll try to be better about posting.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I felt since I was named in this post that I should comment! I'm proud of you for updating!